IS YOUR TEAM READY TO COMPETE? QUALIFIERS START IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!
It seems like Kickoff was only yesterday, but we're rapidly approaching competition season! Please follow these guidelines to be sure your team is competition ready.
- Register and pay your season registration with FIRST before your 1st event
- Pay for your qualifiers (payment due November 20)
- Arrange for transportation
- Arrange for hotels as needed
- Arrange for lunch at the qualifier
Prepare your Robot
- Attend Meet the Field Day this weekend (Chandler, Flagstaff, Tucson, West Valley)
- Self-inspect your robot & control system - The Design Resources page has checklists and inspection sheets
- Troubleshoot your code - Check out the Programming Resources page
- Weigh and measure your bot to be sure it meets weight & size requirements
- Re-read Game Manual Part 1 & 2 to be sure your robot and strategy comply with all rules
- Practice & refine autonomous and tele-operated modes
Prepare your Team
- Review the judging process, award criteria, and engineering notebook criteria
- Prepare and practice your team's 5-minute judging presentation
- Practice answering questions for your 5-minute Q&A with the judges
- Prepare your engineering notebook - review the criteria here
- Prepare team uniforms, give away items, cheers
- Prepare your Control Award submission
- Choose your drivers and human player - be sure they know the rules inside & out!
- Prepare your scouting plan - you never know when you may be picking an alliance!
- Read the FIRST Tech Challenge Blog for the latest updates from FIRST Headquarters, including tips on how to prepare for competition.
- GRACIOUS PROFESSIONALISM
- Safety glasses for every member of your team, including mentors, parents, spectators
- FIRST team roster & any print consent forms (all students need a signed FIRST consent form to participate) - See the youth registration page for instructions
- Programming computer, charger, cables
- Spare phone & robot batteries + chargers
- Engineering Notebook
- Judging materials
- Pit materials (please check with your event director for size limits in the pits)
- Extension cord & power strip
- Team uniforms & spirit items
- Give away items
- Robot with cart or box for transporting to and from field
- Spare parts and tools (some pits have restrictions on power tools - contact your event coordinator with questions)
We'll see you at the qualifiers! Good luck, have fun, and May the Force be with You!