If you missed any tech tips, they are all compiled here. There's a lot of great information on programming, competition prep, and robot design.
AndyMark put out a series of videos for teams to help jumpstart their design process for the CENTERSTAGE season. Some of the information is specific to AndyMark's Robit kit, but can be applied to other kits.
- How do I play CENTERSTAGE?
- How do I pick up a Pixel in CENTERSTAGE?
- How do a build an arm in FTC?
- How do I hang in CENTERSTAGE?
- How do I score a Pixel in CENTERSTAGE?
Scrimmage Opportunities in AZ
Several teams are offering scrimmage or work day opportunities to help you get ready to compete.
- Trunk or Treat
- October 28, 5-7 PM
- 3225 N Washington St. Chandler, AZ 85225
- Contact Camila Trevino (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 1st Look Scrimmage
- November 4, 10 AM - 4 PM
- EVIT East Campus - 6625 S Power Rd, Mesa, AZ 85212
- Trivium Scrimmage
- November 4, 11 AM - 4 PM
- Trivium Preparatory Academy - 2001 N Bullard Ave, Goodyear
- RSVP HERE
- Northern AZ Scrimmage & Help Session
- November 6, 4 - 8 PM
- Coconino High School Cafeteria, 2801 N. Izabel St. Flagstaff, AZ 86004
- Contact Christine at email@example.com to RSVP by Nov. 5
3 Weeks until Qualifiers begin!
Follow this checklist to be sure you are ready to take CENTERSTAGE
- FIRST Registration
- Your team CAN NOT compete without being registered and paid for the 2023/2024 season.
- Every team must also have two adult coaches registered and cleared through YPP prior to competing.
- Be sure to update your team information, including any changes to your team name before you compete. The scoring system pulls team and school information from the registration system and it cannot be changed once the tournament has started.
- Pay your qualifying tournament registration fees by November 17
- This is paid to Coconino High School Robotics - NOT FIRST
- Instructions are on the Invoice that was sent to each team
- If you haven't received an invoice yet, please contact Christine ASAP
- Register your youth team members with your team
- All students, mentors, and coaches must have a signed FIRST consent and release form.
- Instructions for registering youth are here.
- Begin prepping your engineering portfolio and judging presentation
- Read, reread, and read again both game manual 1 and 2!
- Check out the Team Management Resources for information on getting ready for competition.
- Raise your Right Hand...and promise to bring your team to the competition even if you "aren't ready." We promise, they will learn more in that one day than they had the whole season leading up to the event!!! Volunteers and other teams are great resources to help you get your robot to the next level, even at the competition.
- Speaking of getting your robot ready....